March 31, 2007

Some people leave Deep Impacts !


It's amazing how some people can have a rather inexplicable effect on you ... I've noticed this myself several times in the past few years and I have never stopped wondering why.
I don't know if you know the feeling when, for instance, somebody enters a room, thus changing the whole atmosphere of it in a way you can feel without even seeing the person enter. Or someone glances at you in a particular way or - when talking to you - has this intense look in his eyes that you just can't break away from and the world around you seems to fade out ...
Anyways, I remember meeting a few people who have had that effect on me in different places all over the world.
Anyhow, even though I have become older (probably not wiser in any way but at least older :-) and increasingly able to analyze my life - whether this is good or bad I don't know ... - I just can't track down the reason why certain people have such an effect on us.
Not finding a logical answer to this "riddle" pretty much bugs me but ... Should I maybe just stop analyzing everthing I can't explain and simply enjoy it? I guess that would be an option, wouldn't it? ... and I have to admit that I have recently caught myself living for the moment ... you know ... every now and then ... maybe this is what age is all about;-)

No comments: