April 13, 2007

Panic Attack


I sometimes have what I called as “Lonely Panic Attack”.
It’s a condition that hits me usually when I am on my own and have no activities to do.
I panic and feeling so lonely and empty inside (despite the number of great friends and supportive family members around me)…
feeling needy for the presence of that special person to fill the empty space in the heart…
desperate to love and to be loved…
In times like this, I would then re-evaluate again the path of life I’ve been living, and start re-considering any necessary changes to make my life better.
I’ve also seen examples from people around me, how harsh this “Lonely Panic Attack” can be.
It makes people on bending their criteria and re-writing their “Must Haves lists” in searching for the RIGHT partner.
People become more compromising to the attributes of their potential partners, and forming an attitude of “it’s better than nothing” or “rather than end up being ALONE for the rest of my life”.
Well, I’m not saying that it is wrong to settle for less.
After all, there are no such things as a “Perfect Partner” in life, there is only the RIGHT partner.

I once read a saying that said : “Instead of looking for a perfect person to love, one should learn to love the imperfect person perfectly.”

But then again, we should ask ourselves when we have the so-called Lonely Panic Attack: Are we really that needy / desperate?
To what extent should we compromise?
Why did we create our criteria or Must Haves list in the first place?
Aren’t they supposed to be our guidelines in searching for the RIGHT partner?

No comments: